Answered

Sonos randomly drops out constantly

• 23 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I know these are submitted a lot, but I figured I’d put my diagnostic number in and see if I could get some help.

Diagnostic confirmation number: 1173542559

My speakers constantly drop out, specifically my Move, Play:1, Connect, and Play:5.  This happens even if I’m doing streaming or from my turntable which is connected to one of the 5’s.

We gave them their own IP addresses to stop them from being assigned new ones constantly and that worked for a bit but we are back to things dropping in and out.  We’ve rebooted, moved them around, tested with one directly hooked into the router, nothing worked.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

icon

Best answer by buzz 23 December 2023, 02:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Perhaps see if this helps to improve things for you…

1. Set the main routers 2.4Ghz WiFi channel to a ‘fixed’ channel, either 1, 6 or 11 and set the channel-width to 20MHz
  2. Only if the above doesn’t help, then Wire just one Sonos device direct to your router. Then go into the Sonos App and do the following:
  • Goto “Settings/System/Network” and set the SonosNet channel so that it is at least 5 channels away from your chosen router channel in Step 1 above.

See if that then improves your Sonos connectivity - if not, go back and try a different Router-WiFi/SonosNet channel, but if using SonosNet always keep the two at least 5 channels apart.

Are you Grouping?

Occasionally a CONNECT hardware issue will disrupt the network. As a quick test, power down CONNECT.

These issues will leave tracks in the diagnostics, but I don’t think that you’ll get any help from SONOS staff this weekend. Note that staff does not routinely reply to Community diagnostic posts. Call the support line.

Note that Sonos Support doesn’t monitor these forums, only Sonos Forum moderators, and none of us community members have access to see what is in your diagnostic. That is reserved for Sonos employees. As @buzz suggests, you should call in.