Answered

sonos playbar high pitch noise

• 24 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello sonos , currently I have the an issue of a high pitch noise coming from my Sonos playbar , from research it seems to be a transformer issue which I’m trying my hardest to get fixed. 

I have found that these Switching Power Supply Inverter Converter Ferrite Core Custom Transformers can be found on aliexpress for about £50 for a pack of 5. 

sonos have seemed to be reluctant to fix these issues of high Pitch noise from the transformers and as it seems to be that there was a bad batch of switching power transformers that some how worked there way into supply chain during the manufacturing of these playbars. personally I find it quite annoying that you haven’t offered a replacement power supply board for a fixed price etc for users to replace them or something along those lines. 

I have been in contact with countless repair shops and companies to fix this issue I have currently. 

I am probably going to try and fix it myself but I will be calling Sonos soon to trying and see if there is anything they will do. 

will sonos  help me with this repair and fix this because I’m very disappointed in such a amazing brand like this doesn’t have any information on how to fix this, diagrams on the power supply or anything. I have searched for replacement power supply’s to fit it myself but can’t find any in Europe, I have search for these issues online and have only found these community comments, reply’s and conversions. 

icon

Best answer by Lewis.r_l 25 April 2023, 14:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Sonos does not offer any repair services or support for repairs. There are a few independent repair services in Europe that offer SONOS repair.

Until you find a repair solution, you may be able to attenuate noise with some external absorption. If PLAYBAR sits on a shelf and there is conducted noise, a simple pad may help.

Sonos does not offer any repair services or support for repairs. There are a few independent repair services in Europe that offer SONOS repair.

Until you find a repair solution, you may be able to attenuate noise with some external absorption. If PLAYBAR sits on a shelf and there is conducted noise, a simple pad may help.

As far as I can find I’m not aware of any repair services or support. I have found a Sonia repair service but I’m reluctant incase i end up hafting to pay far more than ill willing too. 

unfortunately the high pitch noise is coming directly from the power supply board on the back of the playbar and is like a ear ring sensation. As high volumes the playbar drowns out the noice but once it comes to simply listening to music or tv it’s very obvious. 

I greatly appreciate the feedback and support tho and I’ll continue to investigate on sonos support or repair and tomorrow I will ring Sonos and try and get some help. I will continue to update the sonos community on how things go for any future problems so that is anyone has has the same problems as I have then there is something out there to help sonos customers.  

To update everyone , 

I called Sonos today and spoke to the technicial support team. I told them about my issues with my playbar and how I’ve tried to find every way to fix it, they asked me a few questions and preformed a factory reset which proved to make no difference. 

as this didn’t work they have no agreed to send a new unit to me free of charge to exchange my unit and send my playbar back to them. 

they were great help and I high recommend to get in contact with Sonos before doing anything else. 

Badge +1

How old was that playbar?