Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos Play1 "Not Registered" cannot play music after set up

• 29 November 2022
  • 2 replies

I have two Play1 speakers, speaker A I set up using S2 app but I could not get to work.  The other, I used the S1 app and is now working fine with the S2 app.  Speaker A is connected but says it’s not registered and thus cannot playback.  Tried hardwire, factory reset, but cannot get it to work.  Has anyone else had this issue before?  What did you do to fix it?

Diagnostic number 415954629

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The phrase "cannot get it to work” does not give us much to work from. Where in the set up process does it go wrong for you?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @dlee7750, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’d also like to get some more information from you, as the diagnostics you’ve provided is now part of a household with nothing registered to it. The Play:1 speaker looks to be working with your Sonos One SL speakers, but on a different household.

I’m assuming you were able to get them all working together after Factory Resetting, but if you aren’t, please submit another diagnostics so I can have a look into the system.

I’d suggest rebooting your network and Sonos speakers, by powering them off for a few minutes, as this can help resolve the registration and playback issues. Also, I’d recommend against any further Factory Resets if you’re still having issues. A reset means we’ll lose all diagnostics data from the speaker and makes it harder to troubleshoot.