Answered

Sonos play gen 1flashing white light and not resetting

• 19 December 2023
  • 3 replies

HI Guys

I have a Sonos play 5  Gen 1 speaker and haven’t had a days problem since the day i had it until now.

It has disappeared from the product list and has a constant flashing white light.

I also have a play 1 speaker that has ran with perfectly the whole time and currently still does.

Ive been through the forums and tried every option including wired to the router. and as a last resort i tried the factory reset, wired and unwired but it wont rest either but the flashing white light still persists.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance guys

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 19 December 2023, 20:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

It may be that the WiFi card has failed, and it can only work while wired. Have you wired it, submitted a system diagnostic and called Sonos Support to discuss it? They should, I suspect, be able to see in the diagnostic whether that subsystem has failed. 

yes ive tried it wired but that doesnt work.. ive yet to submit a diagnostic or call support

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The factory reset has limited your options since it wiped all your configuration and settings that Support might have been able to see.

Move it to where you can connect an Ethernet cable directly to your router’s main unit. Hopefully it will respond and you can add it back to your existing system.

Once you try that contact Sonos Support and discuss upgrade options and they may be able to get you a discount if the radio has failed. I’m not sure you can do the on-line upgrade with a factory reset Sonos.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/sonos-led-lights

Flashing white
The Sonos product is booting up after being plugged into power. The status light will also flash white while it’s waiting to connect to the network.