Answered

Sonos Play 5 (Gen2) stopped commecting to wifi

• 8 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello. I’m lost… I have Several Sonos products with zero issues.  Except one Play 5 stopped connecting to Wi-Fi after about 4 years of use  (2017 purchase) 

issues. Except one play 5. After two years one of my play 5 surrounds stopped connecting to wifi. I’ve tried re-adding this speaker, deleting and re-adding etc. Multiple calls to tech support haven’t been helpful. When I connected via LAN it works perfect and I can connect it as a surround speaker. The minute I try and set up wifi or disconnect LAN I lose audio. 

Diagnostics as of 2/7/2023 @ 819pm CDT. Diagnostic # 1717621083

wifi: 1g Metro Net Fiber running two Ubiquiti AP’s with one being about 6-10 feet away. Minimal packet loss and stable speeds of 300mb+ on heavy load days. 

Sonos app and local routers and AP’s are up to date. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

cheers 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 8 February 2023, 04:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Try removing the Play:5s as surrounds and swapping the two speakers. Then re-add them as surrounds. If the same Play:5 refuses to connect to WiFi, it may have a failed wireless card.

I’m experiencing this same issue on 2 Sonos play:5 and a sub 2. They work fine on Ethernet but not Wi-Fi. Have tried boot and factory reset w/o success. I find it unlikely that all 3 have bad Wi-Fi card. Any suggestions?

Agreed about the chances of all three Wi-Fi cards failing simultaneously. It’s likely either new wifi interference, or possibly a duplicate IP address issue. An easy test for the latter is to unplug all Sonos devices from power, then reboot the router. Wait a couple of minutes for the router to finish rebooting, then plug in the Sonos. Give them a minute to reboot before testing.