Answered

Sonos Play 5 Gen2 Refuses to play

• 3 May 2023
  • 1 reply

If I don’t use my Sonos Play 5 for a few days, weeks etc. then come to use it with my Ipad, I go into Apple Music and then AirDrop, which shows the Play 5 as actually playing but no sound. Then sometimes if I leave the music may just randomly start playing out of the blue without doing anything else, after ten minutes or so.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 3 May 2023, 18:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Seems as though you may have some network issues, if I’m able to parse your post properly. I’d encourage you to, at the least, reboot your router, followed by the Sonos speaker and your iPad. 

If this doesn’t fix your AirPlay issues, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.