Answered

Sonos Play 5 Gen 1 repairs

• 24 November 2023
  • 1 reply

I have a Play 5 Gen 1, dead no Led’s. I have opened the the device and removed the PCB, the  Bridge rectifier, fuse and 2 large cap all tested fine and the caps have an acceptable ESR which appears to be a common problem with other Play 5 posts I have read.  I have no 12 or 24v supply and the SMPS is pulsing and I therefore believe that this my issue, I have also removed and tested both the Mosfet and the Dual Diode but both are fine but did found a direct short on Cap C27850 which I damaged when removing but the short across the pads remains so it not a shorted cap…..does anyone have the values of this cap as I can't measure it now and could you offer any advice regarding this fault?

I have 326v at the two large caps C27866 & C27848

A Pulsing voltage of 10 - 17v at the 100uf 25v cap C2754 

At 2QS02G

Pin 7 Pulsing voltage od 0 - 6.4v

Pin 5 Pulsing Voltage of 4.3 - 4.4v

Regards

David

Moderation Edit: Combined two posts

I’m attempting to repair my Play 5 Gen one and found the Mosfet TSC08N70 is dead, I cannot find it online to purchase or a .pdf for its specification to obtain a replacement or equivelent.  Dose anyone have and equivalent part number or a pdf or where I can obtain one.

Am I correct in thinking that its a 7 Amp 700v Mosfet?

Regards

David..

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 1 December 2023, 12:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Remmi, welcome to the Sonos Community!

We wouldn’t recommend opening or repairing Sonos products by yourself, so we cannot provide any details and would suggest that if you have a product with any issue that you reach out to our support team for assistance.

Since you’ve opened the product, I would instead recommend checking out the existing thread on the community where other users have discussed the Play:5 in this way:

I hope this helps!