Sonos Play 1 wont connect to WiFi only ethernet

• 15 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi I have had my system comprising play 3 play 5 first gen & a play one for a good few years. Other than the odd random drop out it has always worked fine. 
the play one my teenage daughter sometimes borrows. Plugs in her room and it connects fine.

However it has been switched off for a while and has been dropped and works fine but will kit connect through Wi-fi. I have tried everything. Reset and reconnect all. The play one will only connect with Ethernet cable. 
totally appreciate the silly sod dropped it but can that make it stop working on Wi-fi? But random as otherwise it’s fine 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

So, plug it in so it shows up in the controller, and submit a system diagnostic, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

Will do thanks much appreciated