sonos Play:1 Play:3 & Play:5 grouping

We can no longer connect and group our Play:1, Play:3 and Play:5 systems. It seems really odd that it coincided with me buying the Sonos Roam, which I have to say has been massively difficult to set up and we are also encountering continuing problems with that so I’m likely to send it back. The main problem however, is the fact that my original systems no longer working and nor can I connect to them despite downloading the suggested apps from Sonos. Meaning that I’ve an expensive set up that I can no longer use. Any ideas? Thank you very much.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hi.  You have a Gen 1 Play:5, which can only operate on Sonos S1, and a Roam, which can only operate on S2.  So i suspect you have got yourself into a bit of a mess and upgraded part of your system to S2.   Before attempting to add the Roam, did you just have an S1 system?

In fact, if you were previously grouping all the speakers, you must have been only on S1 before.   If you wish to get back to a situation where you can group all your existing speakers you will either have to have the Roam on a separate system, or return it.

The only other option is to have your Play:1s and Play:3s and Roam on one system, and your Play:5s on another.

What is your desired outcome?