Skip to main content
Question

Sonos Play:1 & Boost Connectivity

• 16 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Good Afternoon All,

I have had issues with my Sonos system for sometime, and have been playing around for a while with different setups but nothing seems to help.

I have four of the origional play 1’s and a boost - the app is very slow to connect to speakers, sometimes skips to the next track half way through one, it gets confused as to what is playing on what speaker, just quite a pain. 

I do have BT, using 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz… and I have the BT Black Discs… (I tested my system with these switched off mind) still same issues.

The app struggles to find the devics, and I’m at the end of my tether with them. I have configured by BT router to use Channel 11 for 2.4 Ghz, and Channel 36 for 5 Ghz - and set the Sonos Boost / SonosNet Channel to 6… hoping to reduce the interferance, but hasn’t helped.

I have the Boost now wired into the main BT Router, it did seem to setup fine, updated, but now says that the Boost is unavailable and the app won’t find any other speakers…

Sonos OS is S2.. Built 1…

Any any help would be greatly appreciated… I would guess the more modern speakers are better, but it would be such a shame to have to upgrade due to whatever network issues I have.

Thanks for reading.

1 reply

So this afternoon, I've turned off my BT Discs... Reset all speakers and the boost, and seems to be fine at the moment... Suggesting the BT discs cause my issues, I've read that they are compatible mind... Any got any setup suggestions for the discs?