Sonos Play 1 and 3 stopped working

• 17 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi,

My Sonos Play 3 and  3x Sonos Play 1s have all just randomly stopped working. I work in IT, I have a dedicated 2.4Ghz SSID for Sonos to use, all was working fine but randomly on occassions I see one speaker, then two, then none. I have CAT6 around my house and have tried connecting the speakers to this but this has not had the desired effect. When I review my wireless, which is emterprise grade Aruba WiFi I see the devices connected on the SSID. All have a valid IP address. I have no traffic filtering, etc. It just randomly stopped working. I looked in the Google Play store at the S2 app and it seems a common problem. I also have the same problem on my iPhone and iPad. It is incredibly frustrating as nothing changed in my setup. I even tried disconnecting them all and wiring them directly into an enterprise Cisco switch I have that I run my network over and this fails too. My system has been reliable for 5 years plus and has now become completely useless and unstable. Other services running on my WiFi and wired network are all working fine. I raised a case with support last week but have not heard back. Any suggestions as to what I might do to fix this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

If you wire just one Sonos device only to the Aruba primary router/access point and then reboot the other Sonos speakers (leave those ‘others’ uncabled)... does that sort it for you?