Answered

Sonos One - Use without cell phone.

• 24 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Sonos One

Connect Sonos One to run without Cell phone.

I have done this in the past. I would move my Sonos One from my office to my basement.  After moving Sonos One I would have to mess around with the buttons on the top to get it to play again. , To use it I would simply say “Alexa play Frank Sinatra with spotify”.  It worked great.

Now for some reason it will not work at all. I have messed around with the button on the bank and the buttons on top with no luck. What must I do.

What is the sequence of the buttons to make it work. After the move?
Is there a way to move the Sonos one where I don't have to mess around with buttons?

Bob

icon

Best answer by Corry P 28 July 2023, 11:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Where did you move the One? Is it still on the same WiFi network as before? Does the Sonos app say that it is connected to the network? What color is the LED light on the top of the One? Is the microphone turned on?

Badge

Where did you move the One? It is with in 30 feet of the same Wifi network. Even when in the same room, once I pull the power cord, I have this problem.

Does the Sonos app say that it is connected to the network? YES

What color is the LED light on the top of the One? Blinking White

Is the microphone turned on? The same video white dot is not showing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You could try connecting with a wifi cable temporarily, and see what happens. 

Do you mean the button on the “back” when you say the “button on the bank”? If so, you might have done a full factory reset, which will have wiped any wifi data the speaker held. If so you need to use the app to re-add the speaker to your system. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Amerifax 

Thanks for your post!

A continuously blinking white light indicates that the speaker is not yet ready for normal use - if it stays in this status, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.