Answered

Sonos One SL speaker going berzerk

• 28 October 2023
  • 2 replies

my Sonos speaker is raising the volume to the max on its own without me, prompting it. It starts making this……Dot, dot,dot etc sound and then the volume goes to the top!! Very annoying. Anyone know what’s going on with the speaker?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 28 October 2023, 23:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it. The diagnostic should contain information about both what is causing the volume to be raised, and the dot, dot, dot sound.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

My guess would be something wrong with the OS, and it’s reading errant pressure on the controller. It might be interesting to close the controller before it reaches top volume, if that’s possible, and see if it still continues. 

The other thing I’d double check is the capacitive buttons on the top of the device. Make sure it’s clean, and try turning them off from inside the Sonos controller. 

Oh, it might be worth doing hard reboots of both the speaker (unplug it for 3 minutes) and the device the controller is running on.