Skip to main content

I have been trying, to no avail, to manage my SONOS One SL, through hard reset, factory reset, WiFi and WLAN connections. Incredibly frustrating. I get the following message: 

Sonos One SL has been added but may not appear in the system settings. In this case, unplug the power cable and plug it in to complete the setup via the system settings.

This system message obviously doesn't help to resolve the issue. While the SONOS appears to go through the configuration and rest, it does not appear in the app. When I attempt to AirPlay, the speaker shows up as Unnamed Room. Unfortunately the inconsistency of the AirPlay connectivity results in the speaker only 1 in 9 or 10 times being available to stream to. 

I can’t even access the speaker from the app to play directly from SONOS or local library as it doesn't even show up in the app as a connected and configured/manageable device. So annoying. 

Anyone else getting this? Any suggested troubleshooting?

I have updated all the components, app, phone OS etc, obviously not the speaker as its unmanageable. 

Try connecting it via Ethernet and see if it is configurable.

Sonos can have IP address issues that make a mess, powering down ALL Sonos and rebooting your router may clear that up. Assigning static/reserved IP addresses, powering down ALL Sonos, then rebooting the router will eliminate the issue in the future.

If nothing else submit a diagnostic and contact Sonos support as they have access to internal data we users can’t see.

Hi Stanley_4

Appreciate the response I will give it a whirl and drop results here. I hadn’t thought about the static assignment that makes sense. 

It isn’t “supposed” to be needed and for most folks it isn’t.

For some folks (like me) it is essential as Sonos appears to not like my DHCP server.

Easier to just set the IPs than try to debug the problem. Took me under 10 minutes to set the IPs on all my Sonos. I spent several hours a day for several days looking for the root problem. Never found a clue, even with my server logging set to the maximum.

Having the same problem got forced to upgrade to S2 on the app and now none of my SL ones work.  They show up, update, chime pin connect but then nothing.  It keeps me in an endless loop of no products found and update network.

This is a nightmare. Sonos used to work (almost) flawlessly, now some days it won’t stream Airplay, other days it will not stream Sonos feed. Today it won’t work at all. I keep resetting the network and password and it says complete but then when I go to the app there is nothing there. Sonos support — like the product — is utterly useless.