Question

Sonos One SL back button issues

• 5 July 2020
  • 6 replies

I started setting up my SONOS and once I passed the step of plugging it in and finding it. I then moved on to the part of clicking the back button and listening for the chime. The Chime never came and I’m after a wait it sent a message saying “nothing was detected” so I’ve just been trying again. My SONOS has worked before I’m unsure why it’s doing this now. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @brittneyj, welcome to the community! 

Thanks for letting us know about that but I need to confirm if you were able to use it before or is it a first time set up with your Sonos One SL speaker? When setting up for the first time or if you want add it to your system, the speaker should have a flashing green light status then to check if there’s an issue with the button, try to press the JoinButton-24px.png Join button, and see if it will respond by changing color to flashing amber light. Here’s the link on how to Reset your Sonos product for reference. Let us know if this helps.

Yes I have used it before.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Yes I have used it before.

If it's working before, were there any changes? What’s the current status light of the speaker? Do you have other Sonos products, aside from that? 

So resetting it worked and it got set up. Now I’m a connected it through the app and that worked also. But once I got to the app a black drop bar read “unable to connect” and it gave me the options that it gives to reset router and things like that. But it connected when I set it up so I’m not sure why it isn’t connected to the network.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

If it won’t stay connected, can you please check if you're using the right WiFi and not being disconnected? Try to reboot your router and submit a diagnostic, if you’re able to connect and reply to us with the confirmation number. If that won’t work, try to hardwire the speaker to the router using an ethernet cable then submit a diagnostic. Thanks!

Thank you I’ll recheck the WiFi. The router isn’t mine personally. The apartment has one for me in my unit that is attached to the all so I can’t reset it. I’ll check the WiFi setting again and see if that helps any