Skip to main content
Question

Sonos one Gen 2 just out of box, initial setup- first firmware/software update never ends.

• 14 May 2024
  • 5 replies

I just unboxed a brand-new Sonos One and tried to connect to my system via Sonos App that just updated in May 2024 with the latest version.

When after a while the product ( Sonos One ) has been found by the app it prompts that:” Update is required”.

The update should take several minutes, but it never ended. After waiting for 30 hours the update circle icon, which shows the progress got up the half. I can guess due to the update that can’t be completed, the speaker not adding to the system.

I have a T-Mobile Home internet WiFi  router. I tried everything that potentially should resolve the issue i.e. factory reset to Sonos One, router reset, connecting with the closest distance to the router( a few feet) plugin hardwire between the router speaker. Nothing helps.
Any other suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I have the same problem I don’t know why someone please help

I’m having this same issue with a second unit I’ve just purchased to add to my system. 

any luck finding a solution?

Badge

Nope. Spent another hour yesterday chatting with the Sonos live agent. We went through again what I did already i.e. restarted the phone, router, and all this ”BS”.

Nothing worked. They blamed my router setting even when I told them that I tried different Wi-Fi in different places, different iPhones.   The farthest I can go with that setup is where I get the message “Your Sonos One has been added. Audio playback will be available once the product is updated and linked to your account”

Is this what you experience also?

After spending an hour on chat he eventually turned me out to speak with a phone rep as they have better troubleshooting options. Hmm, 90 minutes of waiting time on the phone to reach someone who can probably go again with the same steps. No way.

Same issue here with Sonos one with firmware version 13

Same issue. Tried to add a Sonos One gen 2 to my system, and it can't update. It causes the entire app to stop working and I have to factory reset the Sonos 1 and uninstall and reinstall the app.