Skip to main content

I am trying to use two Sonos One Gen 1 for a new system. The app tells me I can and should update them. Then the update stalls after a long time in with no error. 

details 

• I believe the speakers are Gen 1 - bottom says “One” and below “A100”
    I know the speakers work, I tested them with the Sonos 1 app
  • speakers are reset no problem
  • the Sonos app finds the speaker and opens up the speakers WiFi
  • the app runs for a long time until the little indicator is at about 9pm. That’s where it remains for hours with no progress (screenshot below)
  • the phone shows the WiFi icon and settings show it’s connected to the Sonos WiFi

any idea welcome

I have the exact same issue with an old Playbar and a Play 3.  I was able to get the play bar to finally update after two days of updating by unplugging and starting over.  No luck yet with the Play 3

Same issue here when updating Play:1. Solved it by running the update again using another device.

First device was my phone: OnePlus Nord 2. Update stalled.

Second device: OnePlus Pad, update was successful.

Failed however in last step during installation when trying to connect to my wifi. App just said it could not connect to wifi. 

My ASUS router was set to Tri-band Smart Connect and this did not work anymore. Play:1 could not connect. It used to work. I had to set the Smart Connect in 5G band only. Sonos can now connect to the 2.4G network.

Having the exact same issue. I’ve reset my router, changed my router settings to only transmit 2.4 GHz, used my iPhone, iPad and even an older Samsung Note phone. Every time I try to set it up, it gets stuck about ¾ of the way through the update and never completes. 

Anyone have any luck with something to get these to work? I have 4 of them that are currently acting as paper weights.