Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos One can't connect to CommynityFiber Linksys router

• 6 December 2022
  • 4 replies

I’ve changed my Internet provider and I can’t reconnect Sonos One to the new one. I am using Sonos app on my Android phone, it finds my device but when I enter my network password i shows me: ‘There was a problem connecting your Sonos One to “” ‘ and that’s it. My network is 2.4 GHz, I’ve split 5G and 2G band as recommended, using WPA2 personal mixed.The router model is Linksys WHW03 V2. I’ve managed to reconnect all other devices without any problem, the problem is only with Sonos One.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

And if you would change the wifi credentials on the Linksys to the credentials your old router used?

Yes I have the same password on my new router as on my old, and I guess it's the same WPA2

I had a chat with Sonos tech support and they helped me to resolve the problem by connecting the device by a network cable first and then configuring WiFi through app. However it looks like there is a bug in the Sonos app so it fails to configure the device straight away.

Hello apologies for resurfacing this thread. I am currently in the same predicament and for the past 3 months have been without my play one due to moving over to community fibre and having their MX5600 Series. I have tried everything including splitting my wifi channels for 2.4ghz and 5ghz, i kept one open (no wifi pass) for an hour to see if it was that and it still wouldnt accept the network.

I finally connected via ethernet, but this is borrowing the ethernet cable for the TV. Is there any chace you can share how you changed the settings on Sonos to allow it connect to your linksys device.