Sonos One being discontinued?

• 28 December 2023
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Looks like the Sonos One and One SL are not available on the Sonos.com UK shop. Wondering if this is a sign they are about to be discontinued, or just sold out after Christmas?

i’m considering adding another One to make a stereo pair with an older Play 1, which might not be such a good idea if they are going to be discontinued soon…

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

The Ones are being replaced by the Era 100.  By the way, a One cannot be stereo paired with a Play:1. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The end of manufacturing / sales isn’t a big deal with Sonos as they are still supporting stuff from the early 2000s. (or maybe older?)

To Pair with the Play 1 you are likely best off looking at the used market.

Day one for SONOS sales was in January 2005.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks for replies. I received this official response from Sonos, confirming they are discontinued:

Unfortunately, the Sonos One and Sonos One SL has now been discontinued and all the remaining stock has been sold out on our website. As you noticed correctly, Era100 is it's successor with some new features

very useful to know my Play 1 won’t pair with a Sonos One, as they are still available on Amazon. Why is that?

Thanks for replies. I received this official response from Sonos, confirming they are discontinued:

Unfortunately, the Sonos One and Sonos One SL has now been discontinued and all the remaining stock has been sold out on our website. As you noticed correctly, Era100 is it's successor with some new features

very useful to know my Play 1 won’t pair with a Sonos One, as they are still available on Amazon. Why is that?

Amazon allows 3rd party sellers to sell through their site and will often hide who the actual seller is.

Undoubtedly, other resellers still have stock available.

Interesting that Sonos didn’t choose to inform us of this change in these forums. 

Undoubtedly, other resellers still have stock available.

Interesting that Sonos didn’t choose to inform us of this change in these forums. 

Perhaps Sonos isn’t out of stock in every country/region just yet.  I might just be bored enough to go check.

I’d think stopping production might rate a note in News and Announcements ;) It might spur sales to clear any remaining inventory that Sonos has, for precisely the reason @chriskimber needs one more. 

But it is a logical step. At no point has Sonos had a responsibility to continue making the One and One SL, and as has been pointed out, the Era 100 is a better speaker and a good replacement, with newer tech and more features. And hopefully a better profit margin for Sonos. 

It’s also possible that a supplier has discontinued a critical part or the part has become impractically expensive. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Or that the Sonos marketing types got the “holiday spirit” and punted the announcement.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I noticed that the era 100 doesn’t have an ethernet port.

I was about to replace one of my speakers that died to use as the wired connection.  Doesn’t look like the era will support that directly

Does anyone know if a USB-c : Ethernet adapter will allow the Era 100 to create the Sonos Sub net?

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/sonos-combo-adapter

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

ok, thanks

I presume it will work with a standard USB-C to Ethernet cable then £39 is rather expensive!!

ok, thanks

I presume it will work with a standard USB-C to Ethernet cable then £39 is rather expensive!!

Standard cables are digital in to analog out.  They won’t work, because it needs to be analog in and digital out.  Nobody has found a generic analog in to digital out, so you need to use the Sonos adapter.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

ok, thanks