sonos losing connection, mesh solution?

• 6 February 2024
  • 1 reply

I had problem with my Sonos app losing connection with all speakers every few days. Had to go through the reconnection including switching off router multiple times to find them again. I have a playbar , subwoofer, play 3 and play 1.  I had a Google mesh with Virgin router in modem mode but changed to TP-Link Deco 6e thinking it would improve but it got worse.

i tried all solutions on the forum, turned off guest network, turned off 5g , wired playbar direct to the primary router and spent 2.5 hours on the phone with support. These led only to brief connections. 
I then moved my primary Deco6e router 4 metres away  from the playbar and have now had no lost connections for 4 weeks. I would suggest trying this simple solution before the other more technical answers. Seems that interference was the main issue. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @Amd26, welcome to Sonos Community!

I am sorry to hear you had issues with the connection of your speakers within the Sonos App.

I am glad you’ve managed to resolve this by moving devices around and thank you for sharing the fix with us.

I’m sharing the following Support Article Reduce wireless interference and I hope this thread helps any who experience similar issues.