Answered

Sonos hookup to outdoor TV

• 26 December 2023
  • 2 replies

I’m currently putting in a deck that sits off the main floor of my house (kitchen/living room).  The deck will be half covered by a roof.  Within the ceiling of the roof I’m going to be installing two third party speakers and connecting them via 14 gauge wire which will be run into the house and connected to a sonos amp kept in a cabinet in my kitchen (see red circle in pic below).  I will also be mounting an outdoor TV directly on the other side of the wall of this cabinet.  I’m trying to figure out how I would connect this TV to the Sonos system so I can listen to the TV from the speakers being installed in the ceiling of the roof.  Thanks!

icon

Best answer by jgatie 26 December 2023, 20:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

You will need an HDMI connection from the HDMI-ARC port on the TV to the HDMI-ARC input on the Sonos Amp. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You can get weatherproof enclosures for some Sonos gear eg https://altelix.com/altelix-enclosure-for-sonos-amp-apple-tv-amazon-echo-link-amp/