Answered

Sonos has become really unstable over the last month or two

• 3 January 2024
  • 26 replies

Hi - I have a connect amp, two play 3s and two two play 1s. Everything about the system has become really unreliable recently, the iOS app constantly attempts something and fails (e.g. ‘unable to play) and says to ‘try again’. Recently it’s been unable to play certain playlists too. The connect amp has been dropping in and out constantly. Has anyone else been seeing odd/bad behavior? I’ve tried restarting everything, restarting my router, restarting the wifi etc., and I probably try killing the app once every few days at a minimum. I have been a huge fan and promotor of Sonos, but this has become really frustrating, it kills the Sonos value prop of ‘just works’.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 3 January 2024, 06:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

26 replies

Still indications of your controller losing access, at least temporarily, to the app running on the computer in each Sonos device. Potentially simple wifi interference , or a duplicate IP address issue caused by the router handing out ‘bad’ IP addresses when the Sonos reboots after a software update. And remember @jgatie’s post above, Sonos does exercise the network in ways most other devices don’t. But if you feel you have an issue with the software, submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.