Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos Five connects to App or Sonos One, but not both

• 27 December 2023
  • 2 replies

I have 2 Sonos One’s that I had been using. They worked great in stereo or in separate rooms. Everything worked great. I just received a Sonos Five (current gen) and hooked it up. Went through the installation process and now only the Ones show in the app. With some tinkering I got it so the Five showed up in the app but then the Ones weren’t. Now just the Ones are showing up again. I can airplay to all 3 with Apple Music but I can't do any configuration or grouping in my Sonos app without it showing up. Any thoughts?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

You may have ‘possibly’setup two different Sonos Households/Systems on the same subnet - best way to resolve it is to ‘forget’ one system (The Sonos Five setup) - see this link:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/forget-a-system-from-the-sonos-app

Then factory reset the forgotten Sonos Five and add it to the other Household/System. Best way to add the ‘reset’ product is by using the ‘Add Product’ option in ‘Settings/System’, whilst having the non-reset products(s) showing in your Sonos App.

You’ve set the new Five up as a ‘new system’ instead of adding it to the existing.

Factory reset the Five. Re-open the app, check the Ones are there, then go to Settings/System/Add Product.