Skip to main content
Question

Sonos firmware updates issues Era 300 and sub

• 28 May 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello,

For some time i have issues while updating my home setup. I have two Era 300, Arc, and Sub (v3) setup. All equipment are in same room as my router but one speaker of Era 300 and Sub is not updating. (With new app i got error 1000, but same issues i had and with old app). 
One way to get workaround on this is to remove surround, hard reset non updating equipment and then re-add to my system. In this case on initial setup it ask for update and updates completes. Then i can add it back to surround. But this is frustraiting as i have to do this every time plus trueplay setup is lost. Please advise on this. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge

I don’t know if this applies to you, but here was my Error 1000 problem:  I just got a new Sonos system (ARC, Sub 3, 2 ERA 300s) and everything was going fine until I tried to add the second ERA 300 to the system and got the dreaded Error 1000.  I tried some of the steps (rebooting router, resetting the ERA to factory settings, etc.) but nothing would work.  I noticed that the outlet the ERA speaker was plugged into also had a Ring doorbell Chime, which has Bluetooth.  I thought that perhaps having the chime so close was interfering with the Bluetooth on the speaker, so I moved the chime to another room, and did another factory reset on the ERA.  This time it worked perfectly.

So, one step no one else has mentioned is: Do you have any other working Bluetooth devices close to the speaker, and if so, move or turn them off while trying to update the speaker.

Fixed issue. It was so simple that makes me angry. I just deleted dhcp leases (some were static) and it  forced to get new ip for speakers. Update completed with first atempt. Having my surround back.