Answered

Sonos Era 100 Pair - Connect 2 different usb c devices and switch between them

• 5 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello Sonos Community,

At the moment I’m using a Sonos Ones Pair in my office. With the new Sonos Era 100 it should be possible to connect a pair of these beauties to my Computer. Even better would be if i could also connect my record player. So that i could switch the Input from Computer (connected to 1 Era 100) or the Record Player (connected to the other Era 100 Pair) 

I’m pretty sure this does not work but maybe you can proove me better and i will directly buy them !! :-)

Thanks for your help

icon

Best answer by SarahN 5 April 2023, 19:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

If you mean by using the Line in ports then it should work. I have a stereo pair of Fives where one is connected to a turntable and the other a CD player. I just select which line in source I want to play, and either play CDs or my vinyl. Don't see why it should be defferent for a computer connected via one of the lines in? 

Just wanted to add that you’ll need to these adapters  for line in audio on the Era 100s.  You cannot do a direct USB to USB connection between your computer (or anything else) to the Era speakers.

thank you ! thats awesome. The adapters are not included with buying the Era 100 ? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

thank you ! thats awesome. The adapters are not included with buying the Era 100 ? 

No, you have to buy them as well 

Also note that there’s a slight delay of around 75ms on a line in on a Sonos speaker.