Answered

Sonos Era 100 line in for Pixel 7a phone

• 6 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Thinking of buying a Sonos era 100. Sonos show only the line in adaptor to connect a 3.5 mm jack to the USB input for Sonos era 100. Can I use a standard USB c to USB c cable to connect a Google pixel 7a phone for audio?

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 6 November 2023, 05:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

No, the Sonos adapter is an A/D converter.

You could buy a USB C to 3.5mm converter to plug into the phone and then into the Sonos converter.

Why are you looking at a hardwired connection?

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/era-300

Scroll past all the aggravating advertising and exploding drawings to “Power and Connectivity” to see other connection options. I’d have just posted them for you but copy/paste seems to not work on that page.

Hardwired connection to save messing going in and out of Bluetooth connection. I always have latest albums on phone for holidays and pixel headphones plug straight into the USB C output. ( No 3.5mm jack on pixel). Just wondered if a standard C to C cable would work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

No. You’ll need a usb c to audio 3.5 adapter(wirh a DAC) from the phone then a 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio lead connecting to the Sonos USB C line in adapter.

So that’s 2 adapters and one lead.

So...will this not work.

No, and it doesn’t matter how high the wattage rating on the cable either. 😉 As has been pointed out already the USB-C on the back of the Era doesn’t accept digital audio directly. It can only be used with the Sonos 3.5mm-to-USB adapter.

Thank you