Skip to main content
Question

Sonos connectivity with new app

• 17 May 2024
  • 5 replies

One of the best features about Sonos is the ability to connect and play multiple speakers at once. So what am I supposed to do if the speakers won't even connect to each other anymore?? If I try music through one speaker and connect, pressing pause and play on another speaker only transfers the music to the new speaker instead of playing from both. I've already reset the speakers, plug and unplug, and I'm out of options. This only started happening with the new update. I have an android, 3 Sonos symfonisks, and 1 sonos roam sl. Can anyone help? The sonos app only says unable to connect, try again later

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I have the same issue with the new App.   I used to be able to have all 3 of my Roams play to the same music source.    Now when I start the music on 1; then goto add another 1 (or two); I get the “Cannot Connect”.    I can get them individually to play the same source; but they are out of sync.

Very frustrating, considering I had to manually update to this app to get it to work.

So I went back in and did an update (WHich I was never prompted/asked about) and that seemed to resolve my issue for now.

Similar issue with Connect:Amp (version 78.1-52020,hw 1.17.3.1-1.1) that cannot be grouped anymore after latest update.

I used to easily group it with a Playbar and several Play1 speakers but am getting “ Unable to connect. Try again later”

The Connect:Amp still shows up on the app and can be used on its own, but cannot be grouped anymore.

All other devices (Playbar, Play1 x 5, Sonos One, Connect) can be grouped in any combination without any issue.

Rarely complain but it been an utter disaster recently. None of my speakers connect to Airplay anymore (2 Beams, 2 Moves, 2 Roams). Converted from Bose for this… ugh. Are there any threads/updates or better still 3rd party apps that one can use?

Thanks,

Vic 

Sorry mate, I hear your pain.  Had I read about all these issues I would not have bought the new Sonos Roam.  I’m disappointed with this product