Sonos Beam Gen 2 - No schedules night mode bad android support

• 25 September 2023
  • 7 replies

How come this app on android has no night mode schedule.

No Audio tuning on like ios device for android.

Sadly didnt knew how garbage the support app is before buying this and its beyond me how they cant simple options which are available on cheap smart switches.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

How come this app on android has no night mode schedule.

No Audio tuning on like ios device for android.

Sadly didnt knew how garbage the support app is before buying this and its beyond me how they cant simple options which are available on cheap smart switches.

There is not night mode schedule on any of the apps, not just Android. I don’t know why they haven’t added it. 
No true play on Android due to the multiple hardware profiles (ie diff mics) or so I hear. 

There are 3rd-party Apps on iOS that can schedule ‘night sound’ and ‘speech enhancement’ but +1 from me to see that feature available in the Sonos App.

I think, looking back, quite some years ago now, when starting out with Sonos, I was always aware Trueplay tuning was not available on Android, it’s mentioned in lots of places online and the fact that Sonos have recently introduced it with the Era range of products using their built-in mics, to get around the different mics on Android mobile devices is at least a step towards solving that, but obviously not for the older Sonos devices.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

There are 3rd-party Apps on iOS that can schedule ‘night sound’ and ‘speech enhancement’ but +1 from me to see that feature available in the Sonos App.

Perhaps it would be helpful to OP to point them towards third party apps to schedule this. 

Perhaps it would be helpful to OP to point them towards third party apps to schedule this. 

The  3rd-party App is for iOS, but presumably the OP is using Android, so I didn’t think it worth mentioning. Anyhow for iOS, the ‘Soro’ shortcuts App has the ability to schedule both ‘night sound’ and  ‘speech enhancement’ on each/all Sonos HT devices. It can do a great deal of other things too via the Sonos API and Apple shortcuts. It’s basically an iOS shortcuts plugin - discussed by others here in the community in various threads. I find it useful and easy to use, it has a drag/drop interface. See the attached ‘example’ screenshots (taken from my own setup).

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Thank you Ken, I didn’t have one to suggest as I couldn’t get the one I tried to work reliably 🤦‍♀️

Yes, I would personally like to see Sonos introduce these things and make them available within their own software, to both enable/disable ‘night sound’ and/or ‘speech enhancement’ using a schedule, but these ‘feature requests’ have been around for some years now, plus we also know that Sonos never announce their development roadmap in any case, but if they were going to do it, I would have thought we might have seen something by now.

Sonos did go someway to make enabling/disabling these things easier however, without the App, by including them in SVC voice instructions, so that perhaps helped, but being able to schedule them would still be a nice touch, without perhaps relying on 3rd-Party Apps to do this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Shahzada 

Thank you - I've marked this thread as a feature request and it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration. Keep the ideas coming!