sonos Arc lyp Sync issues

• 8 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Brand new Philips Oled Tv . Hdmi arc and earc ports . 4k . UHD . Smart . Etc etc . Bought the Arc sound bar . 
great bit of kit for music and audio . Plays fantastic with Netflicks , prime , apps , when played from the Philips Tv . Digital and Dolby Atmos plays superbly and great  movie experience. 
However when played through Sky Q box 2Tb , there is audio sync issues . Tried all options on Sky … no joy . 
so have had Sonos support technicians the last 2 nights . Tried everything . Unplugs , resets , ultra fast hdmi cables , adjusting sync delay in settings on Sonos app  . Discovered that it can’t be resolved . 
Sky blame Sonos . Sonos lay the problem at Skys door. . Truth of the matter is that both the Sky Q box and the Sonos Arc work perfectly well …. Just not when they are connected together . I’m going to return my Arc as can’t deal with the sync delay and  I use Sky for all my  Tv channels . Will hang on a week or 2 in case any of you kind people on here can help as Sonos cannot . Cheers . Terry

4 replies

I expect that you have connected SKY as an input to the TV. The TV could be introducing the sync issue. I’m not familiar with SKY or the TV. Are there any sync adjustments on the TV?

Userlevel 7

What are the audio settings on the TV and Sky Q currently set to?

Yes . Sky is an input to the Tv  ( hdmi arc 1 ) . And Sonos is on hdmi E arc 2 ) . Tried audio settings of Normal , Dolby Digital , Dolby Digital plus on sky settings … doesn’t work . Tried the Sync settings on sky ( oms ) from zero to highest .. doesn’t work . Sync is best when set at Zero but still doesn’t rectify and unfortunately no minus - setting .. stops at zero . Tried the sync settings on Sonos app … again at its best on zero but still has the issue . Yet when I play direct from Tv ( no sky ) plays perfect .. no lag / audio sync problems 

Userlevel 7

What are the audio settings on the TV currently set to?