Skip to main content
Question

Sonos Arc Center Channel Sounding Muffled

• 23 June 2024
  • 4 replies

I’ve had my sonos arc since march of 2022 and as of this year added surrounds (2x ikea Symfonisk) and the sonos sub (gen 3) and everything was working fine for those 5 months up until 2 days ago. Any sort of 5.1 audio thats passed to sound system sounds extremely muffled when it comes dialogue. I did some playing around with it and it seems each individual channel sounds normal except for the center channel on the sonos arc sounds normal.

I currently have the arc plugged into my LG C1 into the eArc port and have the audio output from the TV set to Auto. Switching to PCM does make it dialogue sound clear but I assume thats because its limiting it to PCM 2.0 in everything I’ve tried. Switch to passthrough has no effect.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced something like this and had a fix for it, or if my unit is already defective after only 2 years. Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

That’s the same setup that I have. Does turning on Speech Enhancement make any difference or is it still muffled? And you definitely haven’t accidentally toggled on Night Sound (not that it would muffle as such)? If the centre channel is muffled, and you’ve given the centre of the Arc a good vacuum for any dust accumulation, then you might need to contact Sonos support for assessment/repair.

Thanks for the reply, Speech enhancement doesn’t help and night sound is toggled off. I’ll look into trying to give it a good dusting to see if that does anything. I reached out to chat support last night and everything they tried still doesnt work, so if the dusting doesn’t help I’ll reach out to sonos support for assessment/repair. Thanks

Welp, dusting didn’t do anything and after a lengthy discussion with phone support, they came to the conclusion it was faulty and offered me a 30% discount for a new one as long as I send them the faulty unit.

I have this issue. It mostly happens at lower volumes and I've been able to get it to clear up by increasing the volume by a few steps. Unfortunately I don't have a complete fix and this has been very annoying for me as well. Previously I noticed this starting to happen after SW updates and redoing the spatial sound through the iPhone app has helped