Answered

Sonos app shows different product depending on WiFi frequency

• 1 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I have two Sonos systems;

1. Sonos Roam
  2. Sonos Arc connected with two Era 300 and one Sub Gen3

Both are connected two my WiFi and they work independently. My WiFi is set such that it support 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz under the same name.

I haven't found a way to show both systems together in my Sonos app V15.9. Currently both products are connected to the 2.4 GHz radio of my WiFi network (yesterday the Arc was in 5 GHz, and the problem was the same).

If my phone is connected on 2.4. GHz, I can only see the Roam and if my phone is connected to 5 GHz, I can only see the Arc. Why is that?

I don't think it is a problem with the router since I can see the Arc which is connected to 2.4 GHz even though my phone is in 5Ghz.

Also my Spotify app always is able to connect to both devices.

Why can't the Sonos app see both product together?

This way I am not able to group the speakers, which was one of the main reasons I decided to go for Sonos.

Thanks for any help!

Daniel

icon

Best answer by ratty 1 November 2023, 11:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The Arc can only connect to 2.4GHz. The Roam can connect to either band. It shouldn’t matter how they connect, they should both be visible unless your router is faulty.

Are you sure you haven’t accidentally set up the two rooms as two separate Sonos systems? Factory reset the Roam, connect your app to the Arc and then use ‘Settings/System/Add Product’ to add the Roam back again.

Thanks. The factory reset helped. Now I see both products in the app.

Not sure what happened, I used to have problems in the app with the Roam even before I added the Arc. Sometimes it was shown sometimes not.

Btw: you're right with the Arc that I can only use 2.4Ghz. My router only showed me that one Sonos is connected to each, but from the device name list I couldn't distinguish and somehow assumed that the 5Ghz one is the Arc.