Answered

SONOS APP do not stream audio to another room

• 27 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I have Sonos Ray connected to the TV by Optical Line and IKEA Symfonisk Picture Speaker in another part of the room. Symfonisk is grouped with Ray as another room. When I turn on the sound on TV, Ray is playing. Then I want to stream this audio to Symfonisk, so I opening a Sonos App, and checkbox the Symfonisk in playing now tab. And nothing happening, despite Sonos App is showing playing animation next to Symfonisk name. If I want to fix it, I have to go to network tab and manually connect SYMFONISK to router once again. When it finish connecting to router it automatically start playing. And I have to do this almost every time. AirPlay is working fine and it streaming to both speakers every time without problems, so i assuming Symfonisk is connected to the router all the time.

Thanks for help. Zuberator

icon

Best answer by Corry P 2 January 2024, 12:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Are you grouping the two rooms?

Do you have “ungroup on autoplay” set in the Arc settings? That would break the group when selecting the TV source.

When the two rooms are grouped they should show as one room on the now playing and Rooms screens.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

When the two rooms are grouped they should show as one room on the now playing and Rooms screens.

Personally I would not word this part of your advice this way. Wording it like this ads to the confusion about Sonos’s room concept. What you see is the group, consisting of two rooms:

@Zuberator What is the volume setting on the Symfonisk? When grouped you can tap on the group symbol to the right of the volume slider to see the separate volumes of the group members?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Probably right, wish Sonos had a terminology page in the FAQ so we could all get on the same terms for things.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Zuberator 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Grouping rooms to play TV audio can be problematic due to the Home Theatre device not wanting to delay and buffer the audio feed for synchronisation with other rooms due to wanting to play immediately to stay in sync with the picture on the TV, and doing so can depend heavily on network conditions. I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

@Stanley_4 @106rallye 

I have two separate volume sliders, like here:

I can click checkbox on Symfonisk and volume slider and music icon is showing, but there is no sound on Symfonisk until re-connect it to network.  Can’t group this, by clicking in „Groups” option in System tab, if that what You mean, because of this message:

And „Ungroup on autoplay” option is OFF in Ray Settings.