Skip to main content
Question

Sonos App Delayed Connection

• 25 July 2024
  • 2 replies

We continue to have issues with the sonos app staying connected to our system. When I first access the system using the mobile app, there isn’t much of a delay in responsiveness - I press play and it plays within a second or so.

When I switch from the Sonos app on my iPhone/iPad to another app for a bit and then switch back to the Sonos app, there is a 10-15 second delay where it will not connect to the system. If I press skip or try to change the volume, nothing happens.  Eventually if I wait long enough, it connects and is reasonably responsive again.

I don’t have the issue when I use the app on my mac.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2 replies

Sonos now uses mDNS for device discovery, whereas before it used UPnP.  So what worked before may be being slowed or stopped by some network settings now.  Your best bet is to contact Sonos support and see if they can find something to change in your setup to improve performance

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

We continue to have issues with the sonos app staying connected to our system. When I first access the system using the mobile app, there isn’t much of a delay in responsiveness - I press play and it plays within a second or so.

When I switch from the Sonos app on my iPhone/iPad to another app for a bit and then switch back to the Sonos app, there is a 10-15 second delay where it will not connect to the system. If I press skip or try to change the volume, nothing happens.  Eventually if I wait long enough, it connects and is reasonably responsive again.

I don’t have the issue when I use the app on my mac.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Have a look at this post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sonos/comments/1dy8srm/common_fixes_on_a_home_network_for_mdns_new_sonos/