Sonos and FiiO M11s

• 21 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi I have just bought a FiiO M11s and would like some advice. How compatible is it with Sonos Play5 second gen Via WiFi? It sort of works using Tidal via headphones and the sonos speakers. Can’t see a way to connect speakers using Apple music and Amazon music tries to connect but immediately drops connection.

Any advice or pointers would be great. FiiO support not replied to my initial request for help 6 days ago.

7 replies

For those of us who have no idea what a FiiO is, could you provide a link of any type?

It's a Hi Res audio player and syreamer and a DAC

Userlevel 7

If you have an Amazon Music Unlimited subscription, why don’t you just play music using the Sonos app?

So, any device that has an analog out can be connected to the line in on a Sonos PLAY:5 gen 2. However, to my knowledge, your audio player will not connect to the Sonos system wirelessly in any way. 

It connects wirelessly with Tidal.

But would be nice if it worked with Amazon music as I already subscribe to that. 

But yes, I have realised they all seem to work when I downloaded the Sonos App to the M11s, so I guess that will suffice. I have only had the M11s a couple of days so still finding out the ins and outs, pardon the pun.

Thanks for all the feedback its much appreciated.

Userlevel 7

You may find the following Sonos blog useful.

The Beginner’s Guide to Hi-Res Audio

Note that Sonos will play upto 24/48