Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos 1 connecting

• 3 July 2024
  • 5 replies

I have owned this speaker for years and have been trying to hook this up.  I was successful a few years ago.  Then i got a new phone and have not been able to connect back since.  What do i do?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

What is happening / what are you seeing in the app when you try to add the speaker?

Which model speaker? What color is the SONOS App icon? Refrain from Factory Reset without further consult.

I have the black Sonos 1 gen 2.

The app is black and just says Sonos.

at first it could never find the device from the app no matter how close I was.  

then it found me asked me to link up my WiFi and sign in with my WiFi password and keeps saying it’s not connecting after putting in the password and wants me to reconfigure something with the router. Why is this so difficult? How is this better than a blue tooth speaker from a high brand that is less hassle, needs no WiFi, apps and logins?

I have the black Sonos 1 gen 2.

The app is black and just says Sonos.

at first it could never find the device from the app no matter how close I was.  

then it found me asked me to link up my WiFi and sign in with my WiFi password and keeps saying it’s not connecting after putting in the password and wants me to reconfigure something with the router. Why is this so difficult? How is this better than a blue tooth speaker from a high brand that is less hassle, needs no WiFi, apps and logins?

Temporarily wire the speaker to your network.