someone keeps pushing me out of sonos

• 12 February 2024
  • 5 replies

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

If my neighbor doesn’t like my music I have to go to Sonos and create new password and email 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

If my neighbor doesn’t like my music I have to go to Sonos and create new password and email 

Why?

This also makes no sense to me. Or does your neighbor have access to your WiFi, and is changing the music selection? 

The ‘security’ provided by logging into a Sonos account is only there for adding music sources, it doesn’t protect what is currently playing. Anyone who is on your wifi who has a Sonos controller is allowed to add/change/stop music. 

I suspect what you need to do is change the password in your WiFi, so your neighbor can no longer have access to anything on your network, including the Sonos.

Userlevel 7

Hi

@Airgetlam is correct. However, assuming your neighbor has access to your network that means one of three things:

Your neighbor is a very good network hacker and not a good neighbor 

You have a very simple (and I mean simple) password and your neighbor is still of questionable character 

You GAVE your neighbor access to your network 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi

@Airgetlam is correct. However, assuming your neighbor has access to your network that means one of three things:

You have a very simple (and I mean simple) password and your neighbor is still of questionable character 

OR you are a Comcast customer and the installer set your MoCa network up wrongly, such that your neighbor is on your local network that way.

Userlevel 7

Hi

OR you are a Comcast customer and the installer set your MoCa network up wrongly, such that your neighbor is on your local network that way.

Amen to that!! 😂😂😂