some but not all of my speakers cutting out and come back on their own

• 21 November 2023
  • 2 replies

I have speakers running in a business environment.  We are streaming audio and sometimes we loose certain speakers.  Not always the same speakers.  The problem seems to move around.  I thought access point but the speakers that go out are connected to the same access point.  Someone had a similar issue in their home and suggested there was a special router offered or recommended by Sonos that solved their problem in their home.  Eero Pro 6 routers.  Guest network setup.  Speakers and all business equipment on the business side, not guest login.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’d start here: https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/improve-your-sonos-products-wifi-connection

Sonos offers a Boost, not a router but just the radio section of a Sonos speaker. One is rarely needed or recommended by Sonos. Also it isn’t used by the Era line.

If you want to see if a Boost would help move one of your speakers to where you would place the Boost and wire it to Ethernet.

Thank you for the info.  Thats not my issue.  My WiFi router is really close.