Should , Sonos

• 14 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Should Sonos make a computer speaker with subwoofer sound like 5.1 

2 replies

@Cooljack,

Personally speaking, I would just choose to use the Ray soundbar, two Ones and a Sub-Mini linked to the PC sound card over optical. I would prefer the rear surrounds to be ..er…behind me …and the Sub put in the best place, perhaps on the floor in the corner of the room, for the low frequency audio, rather than all be clumped together in one combined unit.

Each to their own, I suppose, but first and foremost there has to be public demand for such a device and I’m not seeing too many people calling for such a product in the community here, but maybe there is an underlying call for this type of thing and I’ve just completely missed it.

Probably not. It would require a shift in focus, and take resources away from other issues they’re working on currently. Also, there are already a bunch of competing companies with this type of thing already. Hard to think Sonos could make a significant dent in that market. And I’d also want to know, if I was making that decision, just how big that market is, and if it’s growing, flat, or getting smaller before taking a decision.