Skip to main content

Hi everyone. I recently bought a Netgear Nighthawk CAX80 and am trying to set up a Play 3 as well as several Play 1 speakers with it. I did a factory reset on all my Sonos products and made sure they had the latest updates. Sonos apps are current as well on both Android and Iphone.

I plugged my Play 3 into the Nighthawk via Ethernet. My phone (on wireless network via the same router) recognized it and set it up no problem. I can operate it as long as it is connected to Ethernet. But as soon as I disconnect cable the music stops, so clearly it is not connecting wirelessly.

I went to “Manage Network” in the app, but as soon as I do that it instructs me to hold my phone next to the Sonos device so that it can recognize it. As best as I know, the Play speakers don’t have Bluetooth, so obviously this is futile.

There doesn’t seem to be any way to access an actual network configuration over the app. What am I doing wrong? Shouldn’t the Play get all the necessary information to connect wirelessly when I plug it into the router?

Nevermind. I created a new Sonos user account and started from scratch. Now everything is peachy!