Answered

setting up Sonos One

• 14 October 2023
  • 3 replies

I bought a pre-owned Sonos One and trying to set it up.  It asks for the email address and password of the account associated with the previous owner's email address.  How can I erase or delete that account and set the device up on my new account?   Hope someone can help.  

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 14 October 2023, 06:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

In this case, you should do a factory reset , something that should usually only be done at the suggestion of a Sonos rep. In this case, it will get your device back to ‘new’ and allow you to ‘add’ it to your system, or set up a new system. 

Userlevel 7

You can use the Transfer System Ownership option in the app to register it to your own account.

If there is an existing system on site, the imported, previously owned units should be factory reset before “Adding” them to the site system. If any of the imported units are setup as a “New” system, this will result in multiple systems on the site and an operational nightmare.