Skip to main content

Seeking any suggestions as spent an hour with customer support trying to connect a pair of Play:1 speakers to Bridge. The issue was that the Play:1 speakers have S2 software and Bridge is S1. We tried unsuccessfully to downgrade the Play:1 speaker software to S1. I wondering if someone has another idea. Is it possible to eliminate the Bridge (which was being used to drive external speakers that we no longer use) and use the two speakers individually? Or must I purchase another device that uses S2 software to drive the two Play:1 speakers?

Hi @mdryan22, I just want to make sure we’re on the same page. The Sonos Bridge is a very old product that was used in the days when a lot of Wi-Fi gear was pretty crappy. Is this the box you have?

If that’s the one, by all means remove it from your system. Then connect your Play:1 speakers to your home Wi-Fi, which will simplify your setup and allow you to use either S2 or S1.

This is the correct Bridge. Seems like the best solution is to remove it from system and connect the Play:1 speakers directly. Thank you. 

Note: the BRIDGE is also S1 only, it can not run S2.