Skip to main content
Question

set up

• 7 July 2024
  • 1 reply

I moved and trying to set up my system, and the app is saying I am not connected to the internet, but I am receiving notifications that I am connected. Please help

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @DreYah 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! And, apologies for the delay.

Sorry to hear of the issues you are having. Your phone has two ways of connecting to the internet, so please ensure your phone is connected to WiFi before continuing.

Am I right in thinking that when you moved home, you got a new WiFi router? If so, the easiest way to get your system reconnected is to connect the Playbar to your router with an ethernet cable. That should bring all four speakers back online.

If that is not an option for you, the next easiest solution would be to change your new WiFi credentials to match those of your old router. Again, that should bring all four speakers back online in one go, but you will need to get all your other devices reconnected.

With the current version of the Sonos app, older devices such as yours cannot complete WiFi setup without being reset first. As a last resort, you could factory reset all four of your Sonos devices and set them up as a new system. Please bear in mind that any Sonos favourites or playlists will be deleted if you do this. It will help to also reset the Sonos app before setting up the new system. You can use your existing Sonos account to sign in.

If you can’t apply any of the above advice due to the app saying you are still not connected to the internet, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.