Skip to main content

S2 app not detecting system, Alexa screwed, nothing works..

• 29 April 2023
  • 3 replies

I'm starting to get sick to the back teeth of the Sonos system. Every day I'm having issues with the app not detecting the system, then detecting it, then dropping out again. Have to ask Alexa twice for everything. Sonos Roam battery wouldn't charge. Have literally spent more time over the last two years troubleshooting than listening to music. Absolutely dreadful.

Any recommendations for a comparable system? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hi

“Every day I'm having issues with the app not detecting the system, then detecting it, then dropping out again. Have to ask Alexa twice for everything”

That sounds like network issues or could be your device/apps needs updating or a combination of both.

“Sonos Roam battery wouldn't charge.”

How long have you had the Roam? I’d call Sonos and advise them of the issue. Could be a defective battery/unit.

Thanks. I've given my Sonos devices fixed IP (as previously suggested) and the router reboots every night to restore the connection. Seems like a fix.

The old Roam was sent back and replaced. Kudos to Sonos for this.

I just want a plug and play system, simples.…

I just want a plug and play system, simples.…

Unfortunately there is a huge number of combinations of router, access points, mesh base stations and satellites etc.  And loads of settings on all of the above.  Making a multi-device system that is just plug and play for everyone is literally impossible.  For many users it is plug and play.  For some a bit of work is required to get everything playing nicely together.  At least nine times out of ten, it is the network that needs attention.

It isn’t clear to me whether or not you feel the issues are resolved.  If not please share details of your network and Sonos setups and there will be people on here happy to try to help.