Answered

Resetting SONOS amp + mesh network

• 11 March 2023
  • 5 replies

I have a 10-year-old, WIRED 5-speaker system as well as a 4-SONOS wireless speaker system (3 Ones + 1 MOVE) in our home in Costa Rica. We have a SONOS AMP running on an ARC mesh network with fiber-optic service. After we installed the new mesh network, I factory reset the 4 wireless SONOS speakers; they now work perfectly. The wired speaker network, however, is not connected and remains a question. My questions are 1. Should I reset the AMP to get the wired speakers to work? And if I factory reset the SONOS AMP to get the wired speakers working, will it disconnect from the wireless SONOS speakers? I’m fine if I have to factory reset those speakers after the AMP is reset, but I worry that I might knock the AMP off the mesh network requiring a tech to revisit the house. Ideas?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 12 March 2023, 00:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I’m not exactly sure what you have done. I suggest that you refrain from any additional Factory Reset without further consult.

Is this an S1 or S2 system? Your old PLAY:5 is S1 only. The S1 controller icon is gray in color.

@Chanito,

It appears from your opening post that you ‘may’ have possibly ‘split’ your Sonos system into two separate Sonos Systems/Households when you reset you 4 wireless speakers and set those up again using the Sonos App which, if true, may have caused the App to lose sight of your original wired system with the Amp etc.

I agree with @buzz that you should not reset anything further, until you have sought further advice and it’s established what steps you may have taken so far, as you might end up losing the original Sonos system. In reality when changing to the mesh WiFi network there is usually never the need to factory reset any Sonos device.

It maybe best to next speak over the phone to Sonos Customer Support and explain in detail the steps taken so far and they maybe able to then help you restore your original setup and get all your devices back up and running on your new mesh network as one complete system.

Here is a link to contact the Sonos CS Staff, if you perhaps want to first explore that option (recommended):

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

Many thanks to those who have read and responded. I will reach out to the SONOS support team before I do anything else. Pura vida! 

Badge

Good luck with that, I have tried for 3 years now to solve my network issues with Sonos. Still no solution. 

Initially I had some issues with my SONOS system that were caused by incorrect network layout. I straightened that out and things have been fine since. That was in 2005.