Answered

Rename sonos one, keeps changing name

• 31 August 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4
  • Avid Contributor III
  • 67 replies

I moved a sonos one from the kitchen to a kids bedroom and changed the name as such. But it keeps reverting to kitchen. Any idea how to fix this?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 1 September 2023, 19:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I recall this question being asked before. Is it a name used in your Alexa system? I think the name gets overwritten by a non-Sonos app, but it may not be Alexa. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Could also be Apple Homekit.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Yes it is in an Alexa. I changed it, let's see if it stays changed. Thanks you 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

so it keeps kicking it back to kitchen. Even after changed it in Alexa app. Any other ideas?

Do you use HomeKit, or any other third party whole home app? They all seem to have ‘overide’ ability on room names. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Maybe on my phone? I think it’s fixed. I need to look again next time I’m home. 

In every reported case in the past, this has been the influence of a third party piece of software, and not a Sonos issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

In every reported case in the past, this has been the influence of a third party piece of software, and not a Sonos issue.

I checked and sure enough deep in the home app on my iPhone I found it. Changed it, let’s see if it holds.