Skip to main content

Dear Sonos,

Given the situation we are currently in, it would be really helpful if you delivered some decent release notes with both application updates and speaker firmware. Confidence is not very high at the moment and it would make it better for people if they could at least see if there is something in there that might help them, or whether they’d rather stick with where they are for now. 

I know that’s probably not what the developers and support staff want, but I’m also not sure we want to continue being unwitting testers either… 

I think it’s also been long enough now that you ought to be able to give us some idea of what the fundamental changes are in this new ecosystem, and what some of the challenges are. 

Hi @Corry P, any release notes for 80.1-56190 yet?

Latest are supposed to be posted here:

Current software version

80.07.05 (Android)
80.07.03 (iOS)
Release date: 27/08/2024

https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/release-notes-for-sonos-software-updates

They only appear to be for the software apps @Stanley_4 

Firmware updates can happen independently and never seem to have release notes to go with them.

I think @furacaopr is talking about the latest firmware only update released a few ours ago. 
The provided link to update release notes just seems to mention the bigger updates including an app update. 
For me in DE the 16.3.3 fw update still isn’t available at all. 

@furacaopr 

You are very early to the party. 😉

Strange, I find hardware updates at the link I posted, no clue if it is all of them or how complete they are. 

Here is one:

80.05.07 (Android)
80.05.05 (iOS)
Release date: 31/07/2024
In this update:

Improves stability when adding new products
Addresses an issue where the app used excess phone battery

We’ve also released firmware version 80.1-55172 for Sonos products which contains the following changes:

Improves responsiveness of volume changes
Improves time to add a new song to the queue in certain conditions
Addresses an issue with local library browsing timing out

Hi @furacaopr 

We did flag this with the web team yesterday, and just a few minutes ago heard that they were about to update the page.

Hi @furacaopr 

We did flag this with the web team yesterday, and just a few minutes ago heard that they were about to update the page.

It's been six days and the page still has not been updated.