Answered

Problem connecting ONEs to Vodafone router

Badge

I have ONE SL, ONE A100, and Beam Soundbar A100. Just recently changed ISP and router to Vodafone which has the latest WiFi 6E.

Beam has connected to wifi but both ONEs do not.

Have tried going through the setup routine several times. Something is happening because the lights on the units change to red then flashing white then solid white, but always fails (says try again later).

Have also tried the update wifi procedure but that also fails.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 9 May 2023, 13:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

There is a problem with vf routers, you may want to read through this post: 

Edit:

Please see post from @Corry P below.

Badge

Thank you for replying. I didn’t spot that in the search. Looks like an on-going issue.

I have a couple of older routers lying around, should be good enough for audio I guess. I also note in the Vodafone app there is a switch to turn on “Compatibility Mode”. However, it seems to imply I’d have to re-enable all my connected devices and I have a lot! I’ll leave that to last to try!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thank you for replying. I didn’t spot that in the search. Looks like an on-going issue.

I have a couple of older routers lying around, should be good enough for audio I guess. I also note in the Vodafone app there is a switch to turn on “Compatibility Mode”. However, it seems to imply I’d have to re-enable all my connected devices and I have a lot! I’ll leave that to last to try!

Please let us know how you get on. 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @pMacAndCo 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Please note that we are not aware of any incompatibility with Vodafone routers - the linked-to thread now has a post stating this.

If you continue to have issues getting your Sonos devices connected to WiFi, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Corry P Sorry, I missed that update to the thread…  I’ll amend my post above.

Badge

Ok, Thanks. I’ll get in touch.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @UKMedia 

@Corry P Sorry, I missed that update to the thread…  I’ll amend my post above.

No problemo - I had only just posted there moments before posting here!