Skip to main content

Hi I’m just moving from an old squeezebox system and the lack of this feature (or my inability to find it) is driving me nuts. If I physically change the volume on one speaker in a group, I want all the other speakers in the group to adjust their volume as well. I sort of can’t believe this option doesn’t exist… I had the ability to fine tune the experience on my squeezebox system for as long as I can remember, and I think I started buying them over twenty years ago. Sonos- please add this (very basic) feature.

I think this does exist, if I understand you correctly. If you group say, 3 rooms together, and set the volume for each ( easily done now on the app), if you change the Group Volume, they will all individually change. You can see this below in these screenshots:

I hope that helps.

OK - I’ve just reread your question.

Apologies for misunderstanding.

I, for one, don’t want all to be increased if I physically increase one speaker volume. I can use the app or voice to do that. I prefer the granular ability to adjust a speaker I’m near to physically.

I wouldn’t want to suddenly be blasted by someone else raising the volume on their speaker, that could be painful. Or indeed to blast them!