Question

Playing from my Samsung phone

• 4 October 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi all. Can anyone please help? I have 3x Sonos play 1 speakers. Just changed my android phone from a Samsung A310 F to a Samsung S9 plus. Transfered all my music tracks using the Smart Switch app but now cannot play any tracks on my Sonos system. I have deleted the Sonos app then re-installed it but still not working. Tracks will play on my new phone using the Samsung music app and will show on the Sonos app but each time a track is selected to play to Sonos a message appears saying ` No longer available on SM - G965F ` ( phone ). Anyone else had this problem or know of a solution ?

Many thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

I have the same problem with 2x Samsung S20 phones, brand new phones.

I get the massage “The track…is No longer available on SM-G9586U ( phone )” whether I try to play mp3 files that are on the phone or on the MicroSD card. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app 10 times. Sonos S1 app won’t work at all with Sonos One SL.

Redboy! Your problem is my exact problem, it could have been written by me. I have gone from LG mobile phone to PlusOne today. Is there any hope that we get an answer from Sonos??

Lajla from Norway

Hello Bebz and Lajlawt and thanks for your comments.

I seemed to have solved the problem myself

I also have a music library on my pc ( iTunes and Windows Media Player ) I deleted the `app` from my pc then installed it again ( presumably the latest version ) I also re-booted my router and it seems to have solved the problem. Hope this helps

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi  folks,

@bebz and @lajlawt, welcome to the Sonos community.

@redboy, thank you for reaching back to the community. 

I appreciate you for sharing your concern with us. Let help you with this.

We have identified that Sonos unable to play music from Android devices is due to how the Operating system works. Playlists from the native music application on the Android device won't necessarily be available via "on this device" though Sonos.

We are always working to improve the functionality. We don’t have exact timing to share at this point and will update this thread when we do.

In the meantime, you can use a third-party music app to manage your stored music. 

Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions.

You're always welcome here.

Hello everyone,

It seems beagle123 has a solution (but no explanation).

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/s2-android-music-on-device-not-working-6848945?postid=16478816#post16478816

beagle123:

“I’ve fixed this by going back to version12.0.6 of the app. You can then upgrade back to the latest app (12.1) and it will continue working”.

Genius

Badge +1

Same issue here with a Galaxy Tab 8A - must be the latest versions then as i have other tabs which work fine but i’m guessing havent been updated as have no internet access.

How can i obtain older versions to get this sorted ? 

Any advice appreciated !!

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi folks,

@bebz and @Dean Barrett, thank you for your response.

You’re correct. It was not explained how the user reverted back the Sonos app to version 12.0. The user might have a copy of the old version. I’m saying this because the available software version is 12.1 (App Store, Google Play Store, and Amazon Appstore).

We do apologize for the inconvenience. Due to the Android Operating System update, we identified that this feature is not working. We are continuously working to improve the functionality of this feature and will keep you posted on this.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.