Answered

Playbar recognizes volume + from IR remote but doesn't register pressing it three times

• 11 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi,

I am having trouble getting a Playbar to recognize the volume controls from a new remote and am looking for options or advice.

I have a new TCL TV and an old Playbar. The Playbar worked great with the previous TV via optical audio, including recognizing the TV's IR remote volume up/down commands. The new TCL remote is Bluetooth and IR. I have turned off Bluetooth on the TV and confirmed the remote is now using IR-only by covering/uncovering its IR emitter with the TV receiving/not receiving commands.

During pairing with this new remote, the Playbar will recognize it has seen a volume + signal, though it is temperamental -- the remote has to be in about the "right" position. However, the Playbar never recognizes the next steps of pressing the volume + button three times.

I have tried different batteries and I have tried with the TV on, off, and unplugged. In all cases, the Playbar will recognize the first volume +, even if temperamental to position, but will not recognize three volume + pushes.

More potentially useless info: the LED on the Playbar registering it has seen an IR command will occasionally flash during the process of pressing volume + three times, but only if I am mashing other buttons on the remote in frustration, such as the YouTube button, not the normal channel, mute, etc.. buttons.

Have you seen this problem or do you have suggestions for a solution? I have a preference for getting this remote to work or using another, single remote. I'd prefer not to adjust volume on the app or buy and maintain additional hardware hubs and the like. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 11 December 2023, 01:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Maybe see if any of the information and posts in this earlier TCL thread will assist you to resolve the matter…